With newer hardware if you have window 7, installing slax is not an issue.
i no longer try to tinker and just use EasyBCD (free version).
It setup a folder C:NST
Put your grub's menu.lst in there and you good to go.
With newer hardware without window 7, the old method of grub and grub4dos seems to be failing.
I install porteus which have an installer using syslinux, then I insert slax part of the menu.lst into syslinux/porteus cfg.
The only limitation is syslinux can only boot the partition where it is install. Just make the partition larger and have both Porteus and Slax on the same partition.
Alternatively or if you want to boot up other partitions, in Porteus menu, they have a software (I can;t recall the name - It have it's own distro), which can boot up other active bootable partition.
With these I am still running slaxremix 9 and slax 7 from the harddisk.
This has been discussed before, here's the steps one user used to do a HD install previously as per jcsoh's instructions.
I have not done this myself, so I don't know how well this works, but it's nicely laid out.
Install SLAX 7.0.8 to HD
(The first step may not be necessary.)
1. Format the HD you plan to install SLAX on with an EXT4 partition. I used GParted for this.
2. Copy the entire Slax folder to the HD you want to install it on.
3. Get a copy of Porteus Linux and boot it.
4. Open up Terminal and switch to root account. (Type ‘su’ and enter ‘toor’ for the password.)
5. Navigate to /mnt/sda1/slax/boot
6. Type ‘ls’ and make sure bootinst.sh is in this folder.
7. Make bootinst.sh executable. (Type ‘chmod +x bootinst.sh’)
8. Execute the bootinst.sh shell script. (Type ‘bash bootinst.sh’)
9. Follow the prompts to install the bootloader.
10. Shutdown and reboot.
11. SLAX should now boot from the HD.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions.
I had an accident. Not wanting to delete ubuntu 14.04 using cfdisk.
And ...How to install slax?full with code... And how to format in ext4 ,and install fully slax using mode or...?
it's not necessary to format hard disk to any unix file system to setup slax7.
i installed slax 7.0.5 on my netbook with windows7 and i formatted my disk to fat32.
first you need to setup slax on flash drive, run from it, then format disk to fat32, copy slax files into /slax directory in the root of harddisk raptition(which you want to boot from), run bootinst.sh from /slax/boot directory.
then boot your computer from harddisk, where you installed slax.
this is the same thing as installing slax to flash disk